Friday, November 2, 2007

In Philly, it's just called a cheese steak

Good news- I'm headed to Philly in January. I'm looking forward to the adventure, learning, and new friends. But I am going to be very homesick and miss being close, or somewhat close to my family and friends. (Please pardon the pictures are all out of order.)

Al Capone's home at the Eastern State Penitentiary. I think I can see his ghost!


Halloween night at the haunted Eastern Pennsylvania State Prison. It was operational from the mid 1800s (I think) and closed in the early 1970s. It looks like a fortress and it was seriously spookified inside.





This is the view I had from my hotel room at the Loews. Awesome, huh? The bed was so comfortable- too bad I couldn't sleep- I was too nervous about my interview. No need to be nervous though- everyone was wonderful and I was offered a fellowship position. I get started January 2nd! Now is the real difficult part- getting my ducks in a row. Since returning home, I have felt so overwhelmed, it has me temporarily paralyzed. I'll blog instead of being productive.



Oh, hey, it's the liberty bell. I was walking by and - there it was! It's a few short blocks from the hand center.












Art museum steps- Melissa (my fellow fellow) and I checked out the Renoir exhibit before pounding the pavement to find an apartment.


















At the top of the steps at the art museum where Rocky made his mark. I wonder if I had photoshop, I could make it say "Robynn". Hmmm I think I'm onto something.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Congrats! That's so exciting...and I can hear the Rocky music in my head. :)