Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bad Weather Poem (the adjective describes both the weather and the poem)

I can't resist the temptation to entertain myself by writing ridiculous verses in view of our dismal weather. Seemingly endless days of 50 degrees, mostly cloudy, and scattered showers with the occasional gusts of wind make me think local news stations put the weatherman on repeat for six months.

O wind and rain
you have attempted
to spoil my day.
The weatherman calls
for more of the same.

The sky so gloomy,
it is difficult to tell
whether it be
morning, midday,
or afternoon.

More positively,
this liquid sunshine
makes things grow.
(Like grass and trees-
and moss and slugs.)

The power is out,
I'm home early from work.
I love to walk
in the crisp breeze
while it is still light.

I long for May
when again the sun
will shine a few days
increasing my appreciation
for rain in the fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, she's poet and I sure didn't know it--ther must be publisher out there somewhere!

M