Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Zombies of Mass Destruction" Nov. 17th



This is a shot of new friends and I (from me going clockwise: Debra, Tamara, Torrey, and Eric) before donning our zombie outfits and makeup on location for the filming of Zombies of Mass Destruction. This is taken at the waterfront in Port Gamble on the Olympic Peninsula. When Torrey first mentioned this opportunity to be extras in a zombie movie, I thought of all the reasons I would not want to do this- ie: scary makeup, cold conditions, late night, what if I have scary dreams (mommy!), etc. But then my adventurous self dared me to do it. I couldn't resist the idea of saying that I was an extra in a zombie movie! I took a bunch of pictures of us in our makeup, but the flash gave everyone red eye and I have to say, we looked like a believeable group of zombies- maybe too scary to post.

So, this was our scene: It was the middle of the night in Port Gamble, Washington- we, the zombie extras- are poised spread out in a large number in an open field, ready to eat something living and acting like zombies- completely stupid, unaware and incoordinated. Floodlights fill the space, set to give all the zombies sinister, long shadows. A flaming (on fire) stuntman comes running out from amid the crowd and exits the scene, immediately doused with water and fire extinguishers. 20 seconds or so and our scene is done. I am the zombie way in the back, facing away from the camera near the white picket fence. Be sure to rent the movie and look for me!

I learned a lot from this experience. These are experiences that yes, do add to the richness of life. 1. I learned how to look and walk like a zombie. 2. It takes a lot of work to create one scene in a movie. 3. People volunteer all kinds of time and talents to movies- amazing! 4. You can meet some interesting people at a shoot for a zombie movie. As they say, it takes all kinds.

3 comments:

Vievee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vievee said...

You are my hero Robyn! So did you get a complimentry meal out if it?

RedBird said...

You betcha! Cream of zombie soup. :) It was delicious.