Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Beach bums

This is the front porch of the cottage we rented for the long weekend at Seabrook (10-12 miles north of Ocean Shores). I thought I had died and gone to heaven to find I had my own room with a TV, no less. Of course, I had to waste hours the first night watching "what not to wear" type shows just because I could.
Mom, Dad, and I headed to the Ocean Crest resort for Thanksgiving dinner, which was excellent! I ate my first brussel sprout and officially became a fan of the dreaded veggie. Mom and Dad both arrived in various stages of upper respiratory distress and at the end of the weekend, I am happy to report, they were both doing much better (the coughing chorus was beginning to wind down).



This shot was taken from the hillside by the beach. Out in the distance, you can see the specs of people digging for clams. This was the only cloudy day of our visit- the light shining through the clouds was spectacular! The cushiony compact sand at the beach made for a good place to go for a jog- not much wind for kite-flying.

No comments: