Tuesday, October 9, 2007

ASHT Conference in Phoenix

This is a view from the Phoenix convention center where I attended the American Society of Hand Therapist convention this weekend. I attended some excellent classes, got caught up on new products and schmoozed with therapists from all over. I even met a therapist who recently completed the Philadelphia hand fellowship and got the scoop on the interview process. Often, I am the most anxious when confronting the unknown- it was a strange relief to hear that it is as scary as I thought it might be. :) My favorite quote from one of the classes, "There is a charge for the therapy; the pain is just free."

Dining at Carolina's- authentic mex in Phoenix, AZ. I had my favorite- tamales with a fresh tortilla on the side.






Behind the scenes at Carolina's. The tortilla chefs obliged me for a photo. These were the best tortillas I've eaten for a long time. They roll them out then stretch them almost like pizza dough.

































McKean, Michael's bro, eating the delicious tortilla. It's almost as big as he is. My friend Michael's family took excellent care of me while I was in Phoenix- comfy bed and meals- what a deal!!















No comments: