Monday, January 14, 2008

Work, Rittenhouse Square, Civil War museum

Row houses in the Rittenhouse square area. We found tons of cute restaurants and shops. I'm going to have to exercise a lot to eat my way around Philly as I would like.

While in Philadelphia, I joined the Union army. It is not for sissies- that rifle weighed a ton!





Melissa, my roommate and co-fellow, with "Old Baldy", General Meade's horse. Yes, it really is Old Baldy's head! (Eew!) But, he was a very good horse, surviving 5 battles, including being hit by a 12 # shell and getting right back into action. General Meade was a Philadelphian, known for being the commanding general at Gettysburg.



















The lobby at "The Ben" (short for The Benjamin Franklin building). The entrance to my work is straight ahead. The building is older and ornate- a popular place for weddings and special occasions.

No comments: